- CFL (Compact Fluorescent Lamps) bulbs last approximately 10x longer than traditional, incandescent bulbs and can use as little as 25% of the energy of the traditional bulbs.
- LED lights can last up to 25x longer and use only 20% of the energy of incandescent bulbs.
- Using timers and photocells can save electricity by turning lights off a designated times each day/night, and can insure safety so that you don't come home to a dark driveway or home.
- During the day, keep blinds & curtains open to take advantage of the natural lighting instead of turning on the lights.
- Use a programmable thermostat to control both your heat and air conditioning.
- Turn off any home office equipment when it is not in use.
- Unplug appliances that are not in use.
- Insure that lights are not left on in infrequently used areas of your house such as the basement, closets, pantries, etc. by installing occupancy sensors or motion sensors.
One Year Incandescent/Halogen Energy Savings Chart
Note: This chart came from the Lutron website.